Who’s starting a blog but doesn’t know where to start? We welcome new patient leaders to the online health community, but we know it can be overwhelming to start advocating.
What platform to choose?
Where to buy a domain?
How to create the perfect blog name?
It’s a lot!
Join the WEGO Health Network team as we walk you through the health blogging basics in Blogging 101. You’ll be up and running in no time!
- WordPress, Blogger, Wix, Tumblr?! What’s the best platform to get started? We’ll guide you through our top 3 picks and help you pick the right choice for YOU.
- The perfect blog title can be tough to come up with, we’ve provided a variety of examples and brainstorming ideas to help get the creative juices flowing!
- What happens once you create your blog? We offer our top tips to get your blog up and running- and noticed!
Learn By Example
In this webinar, we mention multiple examples of how members of the WEGO Health Patient Leader Network utilize these tips on their blogs. We invite you to check out their blogs and see these webinar’s tips in action!
Blog Titles Examples
- Julie Cerrone, Psoriatic Arthritis & AVN Patient Leader, It’s Just A Bad Day, NOT A Bad Life
- Lori-Ann Holbrook, Psoriatic Arthritis Patient Leader, City Girl Flare
- Josh Robbins, HIV & Sexual Health Patient Leader, I’m Still Josh
- Andrea Meyer & Megan Starshak, Crohn’s & Colitis Patient Leaders, The Great Bowel Movement
- Marla Wexler, Lupus Patient Leader, Luck Fupus
Blog Angle Examples
Aaron Blocker, IBD Patient Leader, Support IBD
Cheryl Hile, MS Patient Leader, Cheryl Hile
Kristen Long, Mental Health Patient Leader, Serving of Support
Ali Feller, Crohn’s Patient Leader, Ali On The Run
About & Contact Page Examples
Lisa Emrich, Brass and Ivory: Life with MS and RA
Supporting Sites Examples
Josh Robbins, HIV & Sexual Health Patient Leader, I’m Still Josh
And of course, don’t forget to update (or create) your WEGO Health account with your new blog and social channels.
More questions? We’d love to help! Shoot us any questions you have as you begin your blogging journey and we’ll be sure to answer at email@example.com. Follow WEGO Health on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates!
Kristen Long is the Patient Leader Network Coordinator at WEGO Health. Her own health experiences have inspired her to empower other patients and encourage the power of patient advocacy. Follow Kristen on Twitter and Facebook.