Today’s guest post is written by Michelle Carlson –
Writer, Speaker, Blogger, Encourager at www.michellecfitness.com
You can also find Michelle at: https://twitter.com/MichelleCFit
Ready. Set. GOAL!
I had promised that I would share my goals for the new year with you, and I hate to break promises
Ambitious goals are what keep life quite interesting in my opinion. These are the goals that begin as just a fleeting thought in the corner of one’s mind, but over time the thought becomes bigger and , in my case, flashier. I do love sparkle and believe everybody’s life could benefit from a bit more.
So, in the spirit of keeping it flashy I will share some of my 2013 GOALS with you:
1. I am working towards a physical space of my very own. A gym to call my own THIS will actually not be as flashy as one may expect since I truly LOVE the feel of a good old garage gym.
2. I do have physical goals to accomplish this year, but most fall in the realm of strength and endurance, not jean size or numbers.
3. I have entered and will COMPETE in my very first fitness show this May! I’ll be sharing that journey with you as well.
4. I will travel to Moldova this month, but have set a goal to travel to Africa this year as well…as often as I can I am partnered with Hopechest ministries and will continue to go where I am called, without questioning.
5. I will finish 2 books this year: 1 is on weight loss and my specific specialty (keeping the skin tight!) and the other will cover my mission trips and tell the stories of the girls who have been caught up in sex trafficking. I will give a voice to those who feel as though theirs has been taken.
6. In light of #5, one of my final goals is a publishing deal. Why? Publishers get the words to more people.
So, there are the majority of my goals. I always set goals for my personal life as well, working on relationships and growing in my faith daily.
The question I pose to you is “How big are your goals?” Do you stick to the “safe” goals? Maybe you hang around the ones that are a bit easier. Or perhaps you park over the same ones you’ve had for years, knowing if you don’t make it all will not be lost. Friends, those kind of goals keep you simply existing. What would happen if you believed that great things can happen through you? What if you set out to leave a few footprints through this life? What would happen if you decided to stop existing and truly LIVE life as loud as you could? Who might be affected? I’ll be honest, once you change your mindset to make a change, YOU will be the one to benefit the most.
Live out loud this year!